Just when you think you’ve heard the last of “Fancy,” Charli XCX has teamed up with another rising hip-hop star to give you something new to scream in bars and clubs.
Iggy Azalea is technically absent here, but it turns out you don’t really need the Aussie emcee for this honorary “Fancy” sequel that pairs the “Boom Clap” singer with “2 On” siren Tinashe (who gave TIME some party tips late last year). Instead, Ty Dolla $ign is the lucky rapper — it’s actually his own single — but even he is a mere footnote on the track, which finds the divas doing the heavy lifting over a bubbling DJ Mustard-esque beat (in reality, the track is a Stargate and Cashmere Cat production).
Perhaps Tinashe and Charli can join Christina Aguilera’s “Lady Marmalade 2.0” dream team with Miley Cyrus and Nicki Minaj. One thing’s for sure: the cats they’re talking about here are not the kind that always land on all fours.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy