Renowned Mexican actress and singer-songwriter Lorena Rojas, 44, passed away Monday at her Miami home after succumbing to liver cancer. She is survived by her daughter Luciana.
Born in Mexico City, she achieved celebrity for her roles in Mexican soap operas like El Cuerpo del Deseo, Pecados Ajenos, Alcanzar Una Estrella and Demente Criminal, reports the Latin Times.
In addition to starring in telenovelas, Rojas also appeared in five films and in stage productions of Manos Quietas and Aventurera. Last year, inspired by her daughter, she worked as a musical composer for the children’s album Hijos Del Sol.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization