Mother Monster has some exciting news to share: She’s engaged!
“He gave me his heart on Valentine’s Day, and I said YES!” Lady Gaga wrote on Instagram Monday while showing off a photo of her heart-shaped ring longtime boyfriend Taylor Kinney presented to her while popping the question.
Shortly after the proposal, the betrothed duo were reportedly spotted inside her family’s Manhattan restaurant.
“I heard the singer say ‘It was time’ as she flashed the ring around,” reports Times Herald-Record executive editor Barry Lewis, who happened to be dining at Joanne’s Trattoria on the Upper East Side with his wife Saturday evening when the couple entered the restaurant.
Lewis reports her father, Joe Germanotta, opened a bottle of champagne to celebrate the happy couple.
Gaga, 28, and Kinney, 33, have been dating for about four years, and the boundary-pushing singer has hinted at an engagement in recent months.
“I really can’t imagine being with anyone other than who I’m with right now,” she told Howard Stern in December while dodging questions about a possible engagement.
“He is the right guy,” she also said, and added that they bond over their mutually creative work. “I have that feeling. I just know it.”
This article originally appeared on People.com
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far