Taylor Swift is known for bringing big names on stage to help her out—and she added a new collaborator to her list Sunday night: Paul McCartney. (Given the special’s seating arrangements, Swift also may have made a few new pals that evening: Steven Spielberg and Sarah Palin.)
Both Swift and McCartney had featured roles in Saturday Night Live’s 40th anniversary special. They also celebrated later that evening by jamming out together on Swift’s “Shake It Off” and the Beatles’ “I Saw Her Standing There” at the event’s after party, where Bill Murray played tambourine and Jimmy Fallon played hype man.
Prince also took the stage to perform, while Haim’s Este, Chris Rock, Martin Short, and Fallon stood around him looking very, very happy to be there.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org