During Jerry Seinfeld’s “taking questions from the audience” bit in Saturday Night Live’s 40th annviersary show, Dakota Johnson revealed that she is the show’s next host. Johnson will helm the show Feb. 28.
Since he’s hosted before, Johnson asked Seinfeld to tell her what the process is like. Seinfeld’s advice: “Well, Dakota, hosting the show is thrilling, but when you host, you’re totally powerless—you’re told what to do, what to wear, you just have to submit.” She responded: “So great, it’s like a regular shoot.”
And there’s your Fifty Shades joke for the evening, folks.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State