SNL‘s soap opera, “The Californians,” traditionally stars Fred Armisen, Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader as blond Californians happily doling out driving directions to one another in Valley accents, while their brunette housekeeper, played by Vanessa Bayer, barely tolerates them.
To properly mark the 40th anniversary of Saturday Night Live, they needed to up the ante a little bit and brought in some A-list guests to help. First Scandal star Kerry Washington showed up as a doctor doling out paternity-test results. Then Bradley Cooper arrived in short shorts, which he may have borrowed from the set of the Wet Hot American Summer reboot, as Craig the pool boy who dabbled in dirty work, and Taylor Swift was a natural as hair-eating cousin Allison.
And then this happened …
Yes, that’s Bradley Cooper lip locking with the 90-year-old Betty White for a little longer than absolutely necessary. In the words of another SNL star: “Acting!”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization