Fifty Shades of Grey is breaking box-office records faster than it’s breaking taboos. The much anticipated movie version of E.L. James’ hit novel has raked in $81.67 million since it opened Friday, and Universal projects the movie will make over $90 million over the four-day weekend, Deadline reports.
That makes Fifty Shades of Grey the record holder for best Presidents’ Day opening weekend of all time.
Kingsman: The Secret Service didn’t do badly either, with $35.6 over three days (handily beating 20th Century Fox’s estimate of $20 million). That’s probably thanks to all the guys who didn’t want to go see 50 Shades of Grey.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization