- Research says that the most romantic gifts are expensive yet worthless. In fact, science knows a number of things about what makes a good gift.
- Afraid of how much Valentine’s Day is going to cost you? Relax. Giving really is better than receiving and studies show money CAN buy happiness.
- There’s an easy trick for getting that special someone a gift they’ll really like: stop being so damn creative and think about what makes people feel guilty. Wanna go even further and be doubly sure they’ll like that present? Wrap it.
- Did you receive a lousy gift for Valentine’s Day? Here are pro tips on how to act like you’re not horribly disappointed. And frankly, getting women lousy gifts on V Day might be a smart idea.
This piece originally appeared on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.
Join over 165,000 readers and get a free weekly update via email here.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time