What started as a joke on MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show has now become a reality for Oregon’s capital city.
The show’s host, Rachel Maddow, has been paying a lot of attention to some wacky news coming out of Oregon lately. The news item that’s got the state paying attention to Maddow, though, involves one really angry owl.
After four runners were attacked by an owl in Salem, one of whom was clawed so badly he thought he was having an aneurysm, Maddow suggested the town post a yellow hazard sign warning about the bird. But not just any sign: she wanted one depicting a figure running from a menacing owl on the attack.
So, the town obliged. According to the Associated Press, about 20 such signs — inspired by Maddow — will be put up in the city where the owl has been wreaking havoc. This gives “service journalism” a whole new meaning.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022