James Franco is going back to television — well, sort of.
The star of The Interview is set to play the leading role in a new Hulu miniseries based on the best selling novel by Stephen King, 11/23/63.
The Hollywood Reporter says Franco will star as English teacher Jake Epping, who travels back in time to stop the assignation of President John F. Kennedy. The miniseries, which will run a total of nine hours, is a joint project by King and J.J. Abrams.
The role will be Franco’s first regular television role since the late 90s cult hit Freaks and Geeks.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive