James Franco is going back to television — well, sort of.
The star of The Interview is set to play the leading role in a new Hulu miniseries based on the best selling novel by Stephen King, 11/23/63.
The Hollywood Reporter says Franco will star as English teacher Jake Epping, who travels back in time to stop the assignation of President John F. Kennedy. The miniseries, which will run a total of nine hours, is a joint project by King and J.J. Abrams.
The role will be Franco’s first regular television role since the late 90s cult hit Freaks and Geeks.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction