If a picture says a thousand words, then one of Dr. Phil’s trademark real-talk looks says a million.
A new YouTube video posted by Bill Smith has removed all of the dialogue from an episode of Dr. Phil, yet somehow the high drama remains. The lack of context as the famed TV counselor helps a family navigate the turbulent emotions that came from their honor roll student daughter dating a controlling bad boy who got her pregnant makes the face-off seem even more tense.
Every shake of a head, every dead-eyed stare, every pursed lip and slow nod telegraphed many emotions. By the end of the video it seems clear that they accomplished a lot, even without uttering a single sound.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org