Jimmy Fallon brought out the competitive spirit in actor Hugh Grant Wednesday night during a round of hallway golf. Fallon, who is not known for taking it easy in his face-offs with the celebrities who stop by The Tonight Show, made the game even harder for Grant by bringing in a ringer—NBA champion Charles Barkley.
The game kicked off with each player hitting a golf ball towards a green screen at the back of the studio and riding a golf cart to the starting line. From there it was a race as Grant, Barkley and Fallon chased their balls through the back of The Tonight Show studio, eventually making it back onto the studio stage where the hole was waiting.
While Barkley would normally be the favorite, due to his career as a professional athlete, he is not exactly known for his golf skills. Yet the champ managed to sink his ball first—until Grant, who had warned them that losing made him “very, very nasty” — knocked his ball out of the hole and hit it down the hallway. Fallon took advantage of the confusion to hit his ball in for the win.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org