Comedy Central is pondering over a “short list” of prospective candidates to replace Jon Stewart on The Daily Show, following Tuesday’s announcement of his departure.
No details about the list have been released. However, Viacom Entertainment Group president Doug Herzog was quick to quash speculation that Stewart’s protégé John Oliver may be a candidate.
“John Oliver’s got a job,” Herzog said. “I think he’s spoken for.”
It’s also not clear yet if executive producer Stewart will continue to influence future episodes. His ongoing participation was described as “TBD” (to be determined) by Herzog, who added that “It’s not out of the question.”
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer