Consider the honor of hosting Saturday Night Live an audition to return. To host SNL once you need only be famous or having a moment, but to land the gig again, you have to sail through the night, nail the timing and roll with the punches—because the punches do come. The celebrities with the most repeat appearances over the show’s 42 seasons are Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin, who both became members of the show’s “Five Timer’s Club” in the 90s. So who’s the host with the most appearances and who are the surprising regulars?
See how many times 14 of SNL’s most frequent hosts of all time took the reins at Studio 8H below.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time