Consider the honor of hosting Saturday Night Live an audition to return. To host SNL once you need only be famous or having a moment, but to land the gig again, you have to sail through the night, nail the timing and roll with the punches—because the punches do come. The celebrities with the most repeat appearances over the show’s 42 seasons are Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin, who both became members of the show’s “Five Timer’s Club” in the 90s. So who’s the host with the most appearances and who are the surprising regulars?
See how many times 14 of SNL’s most frequent hosts of all time took the reins at Studio 8H below.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow