Young kids are notoriously picky eaters — especially when it comes to unfamiliar food from other cultures. To see just how picky American youngsters really are, YouTube channel Cut Video teamed with online food community Kitchenbowl. They gathered a bunch of kids, invited them to try breakfast foods from around the world and then recorded their reactions.
As you can probably imagine, the kids are not super receptive to the foreign foods. They’re particularly perplexed by the spicy Korean breakfast and by the fact that Dutch people eat chocolatey toast in the morning. (They’re pretty on board with that idea, though.)
Watch the kids’ hilarious (and slightly insensitive) reactions above.
Read next: Hungry Planet: What The World Eats
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears