Young kids are notoriously picky eaters — especially when it comes to unfamiliar food from other cultures. To see just how picky American youngsters really are, YouTube channel Cut Video teamed with online food community Kitchenbowl. They gathered a bunch of kids, invited them to try breakfast foods from around the world and then recorded their reactions.
As you can probably imagine, the kids are not super receptive to the foreign foods. They’re particularly perplexed by the spicy Korean breakfast and by the fact that Dutch people eat chocolatey toast in the morning. (They’re pretty on board with that idea, though.)
Watch the kids’ hilarious (and slightly insensitive) reactions above.
Read next: Hungry Planet: What The World Eats
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer