Snapchat has suddenly become music’s hottest venue for premiering new music.
Days after Madonna became the first artist to release a music video on the app for self-deleting messages, DJ-producer Diplo previewed a new track on the platform late Tuesday — and it features contributions from Missy Elliott.
Missy hasn’t released an album in 10 years, but her appearance during Katy Perry’s Super Bowl halftime show has made fans’ hunger for new material more intense than ever. (Outside of guest appearances and a few one-off songs, she’s mostly stayed behind-the-scenes.) Thankfully, Diplo and fellow DJ-producer Skrillex, who collaborate under the name Jack Ü, have recruited the singer-rapper to hop on a remix of their Kiesza collaboration, “Take Ü There.” Listen to Diplo’s Snapchat previews of the track below, via Your EDM.
There’s even more good news: On Tuesday, Missy tweeted that she was back in the studio with long-time producing partner Timbaland, though she’s hesitant to reveal anything about when or where that end product might drop. “I don’t want to say too much,” she said in an interview earlier this month. “In this day and time, boy, you say something, they will come back two weeks later like, ‘Where your album at?’”
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears