Family and loved ones gathered Monday night outside Atlanta to hold a candlelight vigil for Bobbi Kristina Brown, as she remains on life support after being found unresponsive in a bathtub at her home.
The “Shining a Light for Healing” vigil, held at the amphitheater at Riverdale Town Center in Riverdale, Georgia, was open to the public, with those in attendance rallying to support the only child of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown in a burst of prayers, tears and song.
Bobbi Kristina’s uncle, Tommy Brown, as well as aunts Tina and Leaola, were present for the vigil, which began at 7 p.m. and lasted for an hour and half. Riverdale mayor Evelyn Wynn-Dixon was also on hand, joining supporters in singing gospel hymns. Bobbi Kristina’s father and grandmother, Cissy Houston, were not spotted at the vigil.
Close to 300 people came out to support Bobbi Kristina, 21, with attendees holding candles and flashing their cell phone lights.
Speaking on behalf of the family, Tommy Brown said: “I know she thanks all of y’all. Continue to pray for us. Remember when you wake up we should all pray for each other.”
“Well-wishes and my prayers are always with you Bobbi. Please wake up,” an attendee told PEOPLE.
“Nobody knows but God,” Mayor Wynn-Dixon said. “It’s not over until God says it’s over.”
Police have launched an investigation into the circumstances of Bobbi Kristina’s drowning, and a source told PEOPLE: “Foul play is begin investigated … including drug use and possibly cover-up to remove evidence from the crime scene.”
As lingering questions remain over the tragedy, Bobbi Kristina’s family continues to pray for a miracle.
“There has been no change” in her condition, a Brown family member told PEOPLE. “We are hoping that God will see fit to perform a miracle in her, so that he will get the glory.”
Reporting by Elissa Rosen
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World