As these jokesters — known as Screen Junkies — explain, in 2002 director Richard Linklater thought up “the most ambitious gimmick in movie history” that required a six-year-old kid to “film the 12 most awkward years of his life.” According to this trailer, that premise ultimately leads to watching a group of actors grow together for more than a decade — like the Harry Potter franchise, but without a plot, or magic or fun.
The funniest part of this trailer, though, is the new version of the song “Hero” that was featured in the original trailer. It’s got new lyrics like: “Watch him grow / from a cute kid to an emo. / He just kind of walks around / and never really does anything else.”
No matter how much you loved the film — which even this trailer admits is “beautiful” — you have to laugh at this at least a little.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears