Uber mistakenly posted an internal “lost and found” list to a public website, Motherboard discovered, offering a glimpse at more than 150 items Los Angeles-area riders have left behind.
According to screenshots posted by Motherboard, the list groups items under common categories such as wallets, suit cases, keys and phones. Then there are the “others,” ranked here in ascending order of weirdness:
1. A Patti Smith record
2. Selfie Stick
3. Medical marijuana ID
5. Santa hat
6. $500 cash
7. Crisco oil and ice breakers mint
The lost and found list also included some riders’ contact details. An Uber spokesperson has since apologized for the privacy lapse and vowed to investigate the leak so that it doesn’t happen again. People carrying oddball items into Uber cars, take note.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time