1. Is the technology that is supposed to increase resilience actually making us vulnerable?
By Colin Dickey in Aeon
2. Stock buybacks — usually to prop up a corporation’s perceived value on Wall Street — are draining trillions from the U.S. economy.
By Nick Hanauer in the Atlantic
3. The Navy of the future wants to use lasers and superfast electromagnetic railguns instead of shells and gunpowder.
By Michael Cooney in Network World
4. An after-school culinary skills program gets teens ready for work — and thinking about food in our society.
By Emily Liedel in Civil Eats
5. The next wave of bike lanes in London could be underground.
By Ben Schiller in Fast Co.Exist
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far