Apparently there was a lot of tension on the set of the upcoming Fifty Shades of Grey — and not the sexual variety.
In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, director Sam Taylor-Johnson described what it was like shooting the film alongside the very hands-on author of the series, EL James. According to Taylor-Johnson, the two sometimes struggled over their respective visions, as she noted:
There have also been rumors swirling that the film’s stars, Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson, don’t get along either, though Taylor-Johnson doesn’t mention it to THR. Instead, the photographer-turned-director describes the “strong trust and bond” she has with Johnson, and how after being initially disappointed that actor Charlie Hunnam dropped out of the film, she “now can’t imagine anyone else but Jamie playing [lead character Christian Grey].”
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This