When actor Jamie Dornan, who plays Christian Grey in the upcoming Fifty Shades of Grey, visited Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show on Monday, the late-night host decided to indulge in a little (clean) fun. In a game called “Fifty Accents of Grey,” the two men alternated using a device dubbed the “accent generator,” and reading aloud lines from the Fifty Shades novel in different accents.
Dornan, who hails from Northern Ireland, was tasked with reading the line, “I don’t remember reading about nipple clamps in the Bible,” in a Scottish accent, while Fallon gave his best Russian impression.
Though Dornan seems to have a range of accents down, die-hard Fifty Shades fans will be happy to hear that on-screen Christian Grey is still all-American.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating