In case watching steamy sex scenes on the big screen wasn’t, well, big enough for you, IMAX is swooping in to save your Valentine’s Day.
Fifty Shades of Grey will screen on 75 IMAX venues around the country when it comes out on Feb. 13, IMAX Entertainment CEO Greg Foster told investors Monday, Deadline reports.
“It’s something I think we have to do,” Foster said, though he noted that the screenings are “something we’re doing literally at the last minute.”
The movies that get the IMAX treatment often lean heavily on action, science fiction and special effects, but blowing up Fifty Shades could pay off big: the movie is already Fandango’s fastest-selling R-rated movie, and film adaptations of the original book’s sequels are on their way.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body