In case watching steamy sex scenes on the big screen wasn’t, well, big enough for you, IMAX is swooping in to save your Valentine’s Day.
Fifty Shades of Grey will screen on 75 IMAX venues around the country when it comes out on Feb. 13, IMAX Entertainment CEO Greg Foster told investors Monday, Deadline reports.
“It’s something I think we have to do,” Foster said, though he noted that the screenings are “something we’re doing literally at the last minute.”
The movies that get the IMAX treatment often lean heavily on action, science fiction and special effects, but blowing up Fifty Shades could pay off big: the movie is already Fandango’s fastest-selling R-rated movie, and film adaptations of the original book’s sequels are on their way.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science