The hotly anticipated film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey hits theaters Valentine’s Day weekend. And with some box office analysts expecting a big opening weekend, it should be no surprise that different brands (beyond the obvious) want in on the action. From teddy bears to laundry detergent, here are the most unexpected products itching to be a part of the Fifty Shades phenomenon.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Does your palate lean more toward “red satin” or “white silk” ? This E L James-approved wine costs $18 per bottle.
Fifty Shades of Chicken
And what compliments your wine better than a submissive slice of chicken? This cookbook — attributed to F. L. Fowler — teaches you how to tie up a chicken in every way imaginable. Recipes include Dripping Thighs, Learning to Truss You, Erect Chicken and other foul-sounding fowl.
Fifty Shades of Kale
Similar concept, different leading lady. And you thought kale was a part of a “clean” diet.
The special collection by OPI is somehow only available in six different shades.
Jewelry designer Janet Cadsawan got the go-ahead from author E L James to make a limited edition Fifty Shades jewelry line. “Her genius for fusing fantasy with fashion climaxes in every piece,” the website boasts. For $135, you can buy riding crop earrings.