Looking for some fun new games to play on your iPhone? Here are five favorites TIME rounded up this week. Enjoy!
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve
At first, Evoland feels like an overhead-view 8-bit GameBoy title. But as you progress, the graphics become more advanced until you find yourself playing a very modern-looking game. Navigate a world that feels an awful lot like early Zelda games; Evoland is all about battles, bosses, weapons, and working your way through difficult maps.
Evoland is available for $4.99 in the App Store
ZigZag is part arcade game, part puzzle. It’s a test of endurance, patience, and whether you can keep yourself from throwing your phone across the room after losing. The goal is to guide a ball down an obstacle course by tapping your screen. Sound easy? It’s not. The difficulty lies in keeping your ball from falling off the edges of the map.
ZigZag is free in the App Store
Ramboat is a marriage between puns and violence. Your character, based on the Sylvester Stallone classic Rambo, is in charge of an airboat that cruises through different maps while fighting enemies. Unlock new characters, vehicles, and weapons as you battle your way through various levels, working your way around obstacles and collecting powerups on the way. A good game for level-headed buttonmashers.
Ramboat is free in the App Store
When developers merge entertainment with inanity, their games are often gems. Sinking Feeling definitely falls into that category. Control a little ball that falls from an endless ceiling while deciding to avoid glass panels or power through and shatter them. It’s so poorly designed that you can’t fault the graphics for their simplicity; instead, you’ll just love the game’s action.
Sinking Feeling is available for $0.99 in the App Store
Clumsy Knight vs. Skeletons
A game for all the adults out there who still love children’s cartoons, Clumsy Knight vs. Skeletons is an RPG tale of a knight clumsier than Don Quixote on a quest to destroy skeletons and save the world. Upgrade your armor, weapons, and abilities as you advance. The storyline is endearing, the animation charming, and the gameplay a lot of fun.
Clumsy Knight vs. Skeletons is free in the App Store