Pope Francis took a detour Sunday and stunned the residents of a Roman shantytown with a surprise visit.
Italian television station TV2000 captured a video showing the Pope laughing with the shocked crowd, many of whom originated from South America, Reuters reports.
“How many of you here speak Spanish?” the Argentinian Pope asked.
He was met with a boisterous response: “Todos!”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State