Pope Francis took a detour Sunday and stunned the residents of a Roman shantytown with a surprise visit.
Italian television station TV2000 captured a video showing the Pope laughing with the shocked crowd, many of whom originated from South America, Reuters reports.
“How many of you here speak Spanish?” the Argentinian Pope asked.
He was met with a boisterous response: “Todos!”
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving