Chipotle apologized and promised an investigation into racist tweets sent by hackers from the company’s Twitter account early Sunday morning.
In the early morning hours, the hackers changed the company’s avatar to a photo of swastika and tweeted racist remarks directed at President Barack Obama. Other tweets targeted the FBI and included other offensive language.
Chipotle’s Twitter biography was changed to say it was the official account of “@TUGFeds” and “@TheCeltic666.” Both accounts had been suspended as of Sunday afternoon.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time