Chipotle apologized and promised an investigation into racist tweets sent by hackers from the company’s Twitter account early Sunday morning.
In the early morning hours, the hackers changed the company’s avatar to a photo of swastika and tweeted racist remarks directed at President Barack Obama. Other tweets targeted the FBI and included other offensive language.
Chipotle’s Twitter biography was changed to say it was the official account of “@TUGFeds” and “@TheCeltic666.” Both accounts had been suspended as of Sunday afternoon.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow