While discussing the upcoming Grammy Awards during his opening monologue, Mayer hinted that things may not be rosy between the musician exes.
“You can see me at the Grammy Awards doing what I do best,” he said. “Being avoided by Taylor Swift.”
To be fair, the “Blank Space” singer might be avoiding Mayer for a reason other than their 2010 split as he is back together with on-again, off-again girlfriend Katy Perry, whom Swift had a public feud with last year.
Mayer is slated to perform on Sunday night’s award show while Swift is nominated for several awards, including song of the year for “Shake It Off.”
Naturally, the joke got big laughs from the audience, with Mayer noting, “that won’t make the Internet at all.”
Nope, not at all.
See the full clip below:
This article originally appeared on People.com
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out