Fifty Shades of Grey fanatics everywhere are squealing with pleasure at Friday’s announcement that there will be two movie sequels.
The sequels will be based on the two other books in the series, Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed. Director Sam Taylor-Johnson announced the news at an advance screening of the first movie in New York on Friday, MTV reports.
The first 50 Shades film hits theaters Feb. 13 and is already the fastest-selling R-rated movie in Fandango’s history, despite growing social media campaigns aimed at boycotting the premiere.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time