Fifty Shades of Grey fanatics everywhere are squealing with pleasure at Friday’s announcement that there will be two movie sequels.
The sequels will be based on the two other books in the series, Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed. Director Sam Taylor-Johnson announced the news at an advance screening of the first movie in New York on Friday, MTV reports.
The first 50 Shades film hits theaters Feb. 13 and is already the fastest-selling R-rated movie in Fandango’s history, despite growing social media campaigns aimed at boycotting the premiere.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement