Fifty Shades of Grey fanatics everywhere are squealing with pleasure at Friday’s announcement that there will be two movie sequels.
The sequels will be based on the two other books in the series, Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed. Director Sam Taylor-Johnson announced the news at an advance screening of the first movie in New York on Friday, MTV reports.
The first 50 Shades film hits theaters Feb. 13 and is already the fastest-selling R-rated movie in Fandango’s history, despite growing social media campaigns aimed at boycotting the premiere.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List