Today in celebrity reunions: During the New York Rangers-Boston Bruins game at Madison Square Garden Wednesday night, actor Tom Hanks held up a volleyball that looked a whole lot like Wilson, the blood-stained piece of sporting equipment that kept his ship-wrecked character company in the 2000 movie Cast Away.
In a clip of this moment, the actor looks uncomfortable as he realizes he is on camera and waves a little bit at the crowd. Then his eyes light up when the prop is tossed to him. He introduces it to fans, and starts to cheer with it.
The Rangers beat the Bruins 3-2.
Meet the Many Voices of the Toy Story Movies
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Olivia B. Waxman at email@example.com