Today in celebrity reunions: During the New York Rangers-Boston Bruins game at Madison Square Garden Wednesday night, actor Tom Hanks held up a volleyball that looked a whole lot like Wilson, the blood-stained piece of sporting equipment that kept his ship-wrecked character company in the 2000 movie Cast Away.
In a clip of this moment, the actor looks uncomfortable as he realizes he is on camera and waves a little bit at the crowd. Then his eyes light up when the prop is tossed to him. He introduces it to fans, and starts to cheer with it.
The Rangers beat the Bruins 3-2.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms