Two of college football’s hottest prospects will share the field next fall—and their superstar rapper fathers will be cheering from the stands.
On Wednesday, Cordell Broadus—the son of Calvin Broadus, known as rapper Snoop Dogg—committed to UCLA on National Signing Day, where he will join Justin Combs, the eldest son of music mogul Sean Combs, known as P. Diddy.
Broadus, a senior at Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas, reportedly turned down offers from Arizona State, Baylor University and University of Southern California.
Snoop, the proud dad that he is, quickly took to Instagram to congratulate his son for being the first in the Broadus family to attend college.
The elder Broadus also addressed his past allegiance to USC, posting a picture of himself wearing UCLA gloves next to a cropped, older shot of himself donning a Trojans jersey. “That was then, this is now,” he wrote.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.