Two of college football’s hottest prospects will share the field next fall—and their superstar rapper fathers will be cheering from the stands.
On Wednesday, Cordell Broadus—the son of Calvin Broadus, known as rapper Snoop Dogg—committed to UCLA on National Signing Day, where he will join Justin Combs, the eldest son of music mogul Sean Combs, known as P. Diddy.
Broadus, a senior at Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas, reportedly turned down offers from Arizona State, Baylor University and University of Southern California.
Snoop, the proud dad that he is, quickly took to Instagram to congratulate his son for being the first in the Broadus family to attend college.
The elder Broadus also addressed his past allegiance to USC, posting a picture of himself wearing UCLA gloves next to a cropped, older shot of himself donning a Trojans jersey. “That was then, this is now,” he wrote.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org