Kelly Clarkson’s empowering comeback single now has an equally empowering music video to match. In the new clip for “Heartbeat Song,” a diverse group of devastated youngsters cope with heartbreak in questionable ways, such as taking long walks by the train tracks and leaving borderline-creepy lipstick messages on an ex’s bathroom mirror. They’re saved by some legitimately cute meet-cutes — dogs getting tangled up, coffee shop orders getting mixed up — and learn that, yes, Cher, there is life after love.
If the track’s Jimmy Eat World-vibes didn’t give you warm fuzzy feelings inside, this video might — as long as you ignore the part where a couple tries to make out through opposite sides of a park bench, which is disgusting and probably unsanitary.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears