Hannah Davis burst into tears when it was revealed that she would be this year’s cover for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition. The 24-year-old model said she never expected to get the cover spot – “They do beaches for covers and I’m on a farm. There’s no way. It’s not possible.'” But it was.
Here’s what else you need to know about the modeling newcomer:
1. She’s dating Derek Jeter. The two have been a couple since 2012 after Jeter, 40, broke up with actress Minka Kelly.
2. She grew up in St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands. She said the best part about growing up there was the “friendly people, great weather, and waking up to the sound of
waves on the beach.”
3. This isn’t her first time in Sports Illustrated. In fact, it’s her third. In the last swimsuit issue, Davis was the face of the “Jersey Strong” campaign.
4. She’s the DirecTV genie. Yes, Davis was the magic genie that lets you record up to five shows at once in DirecTV’s 2013 commercial.
5. She’s a Caribbean tennis champion. Watch her whup a male SI writer in a tennis match here.