The Nightly Show star Larry Wilmore and YouTube sensation Issa Rae will work together on a comedy pilot for HBO. The show, titled Insecure, will address the awkward experiences and difficulties with modern-day African-American life, according to Variety.
Both Rae and Wilmore have long joked about race. Before he got his own Comedy Central show — originally titled The Minority Report — Wilmore was the “Senior Black Correspondent” for The Daily Show. And Rae has amassed over 180,000 subscribers and 20 million views for her web series The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl on YouTube.
Wilmore and Rae have penned the pilot and will both produce.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022