Chinese mega e-tailer Alibaba is testing the use of delivery drones to deliver shipments to hundreds of customers in Beijing and other cities, Bloomberg reports. The technology is demonstrated in Alibaba’s video above.
Amazon has long said it wants to experiment with similar drone deliveries here in the United States. However, it has yet to receive federal regulators’ blessings to do so. While advocates of small drones say they could boost innovation across fields from delivery to agriculture, some are concerned that having too many drones zipping around the skies could pose a safety risk.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This