The hotly anticipated Breaking Bad spin-off Better Call Saul premieres this Sunday, but if that’s too long a wait, AMC has something to tide you over. A new digital comic book that fleshes out the Better Call Saul universe is available right now on the network’s website.
Like the Breaking Bad comic released before its final season, the Better Call Saul comic is a collaboration between illustrators and the show’s writers that expands on a moment between Saul and Mike from the first Breaking Bad episode that featured Saul (played by Bob Odenkirk).
“That episode is complete as it is but there was an opportunity there … to unpack something from that episode that directly leads us into Better Call Saul,” Mac McKean, senior vice president of digital media and content for AMC, told Mashable. “We’ve seen the evidence in terms of usage [of the comics in the past] that there’s a sizable chunk of people who want to read about this world in this form.”
MORE: A Sleaze Is Born in Better Call Saul
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief