“All About That Bass” parodies must be stopped — the song is already a parody of itself! — but apparently Daniel Cormier didn’t get TIME’s memo. He’s rebounding from a recent loss to UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones with a version of Meghan Trainor’s inescapable smash that celebrates his love for all things chicken and cake.
The Popeyes shout-out might strike viewers as some subtle product placement (and maybe it is, since everything feels like a marketing hoax these days), but Cormier is a well-known Popeyes fan. Once, while dieting to make the light heavyweight division last year, he received a taunting box of Popeyes from opponent Dan Henderson. Mostly, though, the video is designed to promote the 7th annual Fighters Only World MMA Awards, which take place Wednesday.
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time