The Internet collectively broke down on Tuesday afternoon when, for about an hour or so, Netflix stopped working for many users.
In a statement to EW, Netflix confirmed that the streaming service went dark around 3:40 p.m. PT for some users in North America and South America, “with a lesser effect on devices in Europe.”
“Service was restored to most Netflix members in under an hour. Our engineers are still investigating the cause,” the statement read.
While it may have been less than an hour, let’s not underplay the apparently lethal effect it had on users, some of whom reported that when Netflix is down “life is not worth living.”
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating