Before he wrote Game of Thrones and the rest of the A Song of Ice and Fire series, George R.R. Martin published many other works, including four novels and several short stories. Fans of the author will soon get to see three of those short stories on the big screen, condensed into a film that reportedly features Resident Evil and Ultraviolet star Milla Jovovich.
The movie, titled In the Lost Lands, will be directed by German filmmaker Constantin Werner, Variety reports.
Jovovich will play sorceress Gray Alys from the first story, hired by a queen to travel into the Lost Lands to obtain the ability to shape-shift into a werewolf. The other two stories feature a female warrior who must fight a dragon in order to reunite with her lost lover, and a young barbarian girl enchanted by a witch in a spacecraft.
“It’s a thrill to have her be a part of this, and I will look forward to seeing her bring Gray Alys to life,” said Martin on his website, adding that it might even inspire him to write a sequel to that story that’s he’s been mulling over.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space