Before he wrote Game of Thrones and the rest of the A Song of Ice and Fire series, George R.R. Martin published many other works, including four novels and several short stories. Fans of the author will soon get to see three of those short stories on the big screen, condensed into a film that reportedly features Resident Evil and Ultraviolet star Milla Jovovich.
The movie, titled In the Lost Lands, will be directed by German filmmaker Constantin Werner, Variety reports.
Jovovich will play sorceress Gray Alys from the first story, hired by a queen to travel into the Lost Lands to obtain the ability to shape-shift into a werewolf. The other two stories feature a female warrior who must fight a dragon in order to reunite with her lost lover, and a young barbarian girl enchanted by a witch in a spacecraft.
“It’s a thrill to have her be a part of this, and I will look forward to seeing her bring Gray Alys to life,” said Martin on his website, adding that it might even inspire him to write a sequel to that story that’s he’s been mulling over.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve