Before he wrote Game of Thrones and the rest of the A Song of Ice and Fire series, George R.R. Martin published many other works, including four novels and several short stories. Fans of the author will soon get to see three of those short stories on the big screen, condensed into a film that reportedly features Resident Evil and Ultraviolet star Milla Jovovich.
The movie, titled In the Lost Lands, will be directed by German filmmaker Constantin Werner, Variety reports.
Jovovich will play sorceress Gray Alys from the first story, hired by a queen to travel into the Lost Lands to obtain the ability to shape-shift into a werewolf. The other two stories feature a female warrior who must fight a dragon in order to reunite with her lost lover, and a young barbarian girl enchanted by a witch in a spacecraft.
“It’s a thrill to have her be a part of this, and I will look forward to seeing her bring Gray Alys to life,” said Martin on his website, adding that it might even inspire him to write a sequel to that story that’s he’s been mulling over.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science