A Royal Caribbean cruise liner cut short a nine-day voyage to Jamaica after about 200 passengers and crew members got sick.
The Grandeur of the Seas cruise ship returned to a Baltimore port a day early Monday after many passengers began exhibiting symptoms of the highly contagious norovirus, including vomiting and diarrhea, the Baltimore Sun reports. A Royal Caribbean spokesman said about 10% of the ship’s passengers had fallen ill and were being treated with over-the-counter medication aboard the boat.
Two illness outbreaks occurred on the ship last year, making about 200 passengers sick. Royal Caribbean said the ship would receive a full cleaning and disinfection and that its terminal would be sanitized.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears