Fidel Castro appeared in 21 new photos released to Cuban media outlets, ending the 88-year-old former leader’s five month absence from the public eye, which had fueled speculative reports of his demise.
“Cuba is anxious to know about him,” read a story in Cuba’s state-run paper, Granma, which showed Castro sitting upright in a meeting with a student association, CNN reports.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating