Ferrari unveiled a new muscle car this Wednesday, as the luxury car maker prepares for its initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange.
The 488 GTB can accelerate from 0 to 124 miles per hour in 8.3 seconds and incorporates “record-breaking” improvements in aerodynamic efficiency, Ferrari said in a public statement.
Engineers also incorporated lessons learned from Ferrari’s XX programme, which makes professional racetrack cars available to “gentleman test-drivers” for extended testing and performance tweaks.
The unveiling comes as Ferrari prepares to list its first batch of shares, comprising a 10% stake in the company, on the New York Stock Exchange this June, followed by a public spin-off of the remaining shares by the end of 2015, the Wall Street Journal reports.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears