Ferrari unveiled a new muscle car this Wednesday, as the luxury car maker prepares for its initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange.
The 488 GTB can accelerate from 0 to 124 miles per hour in 8.3 seconds and incorporates “record-breaking” improvements in aerodynamic efficiency, Ferrari said in a public statement.
Engineers also incorporated lessons learned from Ferrari’s XX programme, which makes professional racetrack cars available to “gentleman test-drivers” for extended testing and performance tweaks.
The unveiling comes as Ferrari prepares to list its first batch of shares, comprising a 10% stake in the company, on the New York Stock Exchange this June, followed by a public spin-off of the remaining shares by the end of 2015, the Wall Street Journal reports.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.