Christian Grey’s interests might be “singular,” but it looks like the film adaptation of E.L. James’ Fifty Shades of Grey is looking to explore more than just one shade of its hunky titular character.
According to the Sunday Times, the sex scenes in the film make up for 20 minutes of the overall 100-minute run time. That leaves four-fifths of the film for Christian and Ana to get to dance, write flirty emails, meet parents, and who knows, maybe even talk.
As fans of the book know, 20 minutes of sex means there’s less sex in the movie than in the book, though it could point to how the film escaped an NC-17 rating.
Fifty Shades of Grey arrives in theaters Feb. 13.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving