Bobbi Kristina Brown, the daughter of the late Whitney Houston, is “fighting for her life and is surrounded by immediate family,” the Houston family said in a statement.
The 21-year-old was found unconscious in her bathtub by her husband, Nick Gordon, and a friend on Saturday in her home in Roswell, Ga., PEOPLE reported. Brown was discovered less than two weeks before the third anniversary of the death of her mother, who was also found in a bathtub.
“As her father [Bobby Brown] already stated, we are asking you to honor our request for privacy during this difficult time,” the statement continues. “Thank you for your prayers, well wishes, and we greatly appreciate your continued support.”
Authorities have been investigating the cause of her condition.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears