Here’s the iconic opening to The Simpsons with a bizarre twist: it’s done entirely in pixel art, complete with old-school video game gags and sound effects.
The video is not affiliated with the actual show, but it was created by well-known pixel artists Paul Robertson and Ivan Dixon. It packs in plenty of references to the show, and is more elaborate than the standard opening scene.
Mostly, this is just going to make you want to play a Simpsons-themed video game.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving