The New England Patriots beat the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLIX, 28-24.
The Seahawks appeared poised to take the lead late in the fourth quarter after quarterback Russell Wilson completed a long pass to Jermaine Kearse. Seattle turned the ball over two plays later when Wilson was intercepted by Malcolm Butler on the one yard line.
Wide receiver Julian Edelman recorded a game-high nine receptions for 109 yards. He scored the go-ahead touchdown with just over two minutes remaining in the fourth quarter.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time