On Saturday afternoon, Power Rangers actor Ricardo Medina, 36, was arrested in Los Angeles county for allegedly stabbing his roommate to death with a sword.
The incident occurred at around 4 p.m. after Medina had an apparent altercation with 36-year-old Joshua Sutter, who entered Medina’s room after an earlier argument. Medina grabbed a sword by his door and struck Sutter in the abdomen with one fatal stab, reports the Los Angeles Times.
Medina phoned 911 and was later taken to the sheriff’s station in the city of Palmdale, where he was detained and faces a $1 million bail.
Medina is best known for playing Cole Evans, the Red Wild Force Ranger, on Power Rangers Wild Force in 2002.
“He’s been my friend and client for 12 years and he’s a great guy,” Medina’s agent Gar Lester told the Times. “He’s great to his dog, he’s great to his people. He’s really a super person.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow