On Saturday afternoon, Power Rangers actor Ricardo Medina, 36, was arrested in Los Angeles county for allegedly stabbing his roommate to death with a sword.
The incident occurred at around 4 p.m. after Medina had an apparent altercation with 36-year-old Joshua Sutter, who entered Medina’s room after an earlier argument. Medina grabbed a sword by his door and struck Sutter in the abdomen with one fatal stab, reports the Los Angeles Times.
Medina phoned 911 and was later taken to the sheriff’s station in the city of Palmdale, where he was detained and faces a $1 million bail.
Medina is best known for playing Cole Evans, the Red Wild Force Ranger, on Power Rangers Wild Force in 2002.
“He’s been my friend and client for 12 years and he’s a great guy,” Medina’s agent Gar Lester told the Times. “He’s great to his dog, he’s great to his people. He’s really a super person.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org