Look at pictures of sick people.
It’s legit. Here’s the study he’s referring to:
You looked at the picture above, right? Your immune system is already stronger. (You’re welcome.)
There are a number of other simple research-based tips for staying healthy and dodging illness:
- A dog can be better for your health than a spouse. Doesn’t even need to be a real dog: Petting a stuffed dog has positive effects on the immune system.
- Exercise boosts immunity.
- Get enough sleep. Seriously, sleep is a miracle cure. Yes, I know you’re a night owl. Fine, take a nap.
- Go to a nice doctor because they’ll heal you faster.
- I can give you a prescription that will reduce symptoms of illness, make other medication 4x as effective, improve strength in the gym and even increase libido… It’s called placebo. Did I ruin it by telling you it’s not a real drug? No, because placebos still work even when you know they’re placebos.
This piece originally appeared on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.
Join over 150,000 readers and get a free weekly update via email here.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023